Friday 23 May 2014

Little Alpine Corner

We had a trip to the garden centre the other day, I wanted to pick up a few alpine plants for a small display in a shady corner of the garden patio. It is one of those corners that have become a dumping ground for old pots and bags of compost, one that isn't really used. I wanted to get it tidied up and make some better use of it. Once tidied and the table there scrubbed up, I decided it would be nice to make a display of alpines using some of the terracotta pots that had been lying around. 

Trolley load of goodies! I can always go mad in the garden centre!


Sempervivum
Lewisia Cotyledon Regenbogen

Sedum Album Coral Carpet
more sempervivum

Sedum Reflexum Green Cushion

Sedum Spathulifium

Cerastium

Ajuga






Now it's looking a lot better, but I might add some pots on the floor too, maybe with hostas and ferns as it's quite shady. It's still a work in progress, gardens always are!

Looking better!

No comments:

Post a Comment