Monday 2 November 2015

Venetian Windows Boxes, Walls and Plants


We were recently back in Venice, one of my favourite cities in the world. For me, it's a city rich in beautiful architecture with neverending walkways, endless canals and bridges. We came back to just relax and simply walk and wander and explore what treasures we could find round each corner and sometimes even get lost - that's so easy to do in Venice! 





Loving plants and flowers though, I couldn't help but look out for some greenery and colour as we went along and I managed to spot many beautiful window boxes and tubs, which adding even more character to unusual buildings. I couldn't help but notice trees and climbers too, spilling over walls onto the walkways, all adding a little more splendour and character to this fascinating city. 






I loved these window boxes, brimming with Daphne in full flower enjoying the October sunshine. 





There were a few other colourful sights to add to the mix! 


I couldn't resist photographing these colourful chillis at the market. Then I spotted pomegranates hanging from a tall tree spilling over a wall - its bright reddish pink fruits looking colourful against the sheer blue sky. 






Frothy Russian vine spreading along the wall.



Shutters, pots and planters brighten up the painted and distressed walls - even the washing blends in! 



And there's plenty of sleepy green courtyards and squares to stop for a rest and a drink!






No comments:

Post a Comment