Wednesday 29 April 2015

Shady Little Spanish Balcony


Ever seen a little quiet corner that makes you feel both relaxed and inspired? On holiday in Spain recently, I found just the perfect spot to sit, enjoy and do a little writing. Lined with bamboo plants and up amongst the horse chestnut trees this pretty little Spanish balcony looked out on a beautiful cool courtyard filled with greenery to add some soothing freshness to those hot Spanish summers. 

Conifers, palms and chestnut trees sit comfortably together to form a high canopy and shade above the shrubs below. The chestnut trees were in full flower - I've never seen the flower of a chestnut tree so close up before and didn't realise just how beautiful and intricate they are. Their petals flutter down in the breeze as I write and they gracefully blow inside ... petal snow.

There is a gentle trickle of water down below, as I write  - I spy a terracotta fountain hidden amongst the palms, water cascading down into a pool below. Hidden little pathways surround a sitting area and parasols help the trees shade the day. Ivys, new spring green and whites ... I imagine the heat of the summer and the tranquil and cool this small oasis might give. 

A calming little place to both start and end the day. I'm inspired...

What's a special little place for you? 



















No comments:

Post a Comment