Thursday 23 April 2015

Tulips from Amsterdam!


When we visited Amsterdam last autumn, I couldn't resist buying some packs of bulbs to bring home and plant in the garden - well the song kept going round in my head, 'Tulips from Amsterdam'! I always like to buy a souvenir or two wherever we travel at home or abroad and couldn't resist the lovely and colourful packs of bulbs we came across at the floating flower market, so thought I'd treat myself to some. 

I've often picked up plants when we've visited gardens and places around the UK, but it isn't so easy to do when you are abroad, so we do have reminders of many places we've been to, but not from overseas. 

It was exciting to think that if I planted them when we got back home they would be bursting into flower by springtime and give us a constant reminder every year of a truly wonderful holiday. They didn't disappoint and I've been watching them in anticipation for a few months now, pushing through the soil, the leaves growing bigger and then the buds coming up. Now with all the spring sunshine they have opened up in full flower 

Tulips from Amsterdam - a lovely memory! Enjoy the pics! 










No comments:

Post a Comment